Sunday, May 10, 2009

Frustration...

Ugh, so I'm doing a project and I needed to print something in black and white. All of a sudden my printer is like beep beep beep. I'm like what? And it says near empty magenta. I know that means I have to change it. But I don't want to jsut open the new cartridge that I really didn't need to use black ink. So I took out the cartridge and shook it. It's definitley not empty. So I looked it up online and found a solution. I saw pics of how the printing companies want to rip you off by making machines that only function when the ink is full, even if you want to do something that doesn't even require ink.

To check the ink, the printer shines a light through a hole about half way down the cartridge, if it bounces back it means the ink is below that line and the printer stops. So, the conclusion, the printer makes you re-fill while you still have at least half the ink left. What a waste right? So I took out the empty cartridge and found the spot the light goes through. I took white out and put it over the openning so the light can't go through. Bam!!! Problem solved. I mean if you wanna print in colour you need to make sure you test the ink again before printing out a lot cause I don't think the cartridge can sense when it is empty anymore. But, maybe it can. Either way, it will definitely save you money to actually use up all the ink before having to buy more...


The pink shows the open window the light shines through, and the green shows the window whited out.

3 comments: