Monday, March 8, 2010

New Layout

So I finally decided to make a new layout since it isn't Valentine's Day anymore. It's fun and spring coloured, but I mostly made it in tribute to all my friends, since all the pics are of two or more people having fun

Okay so I also finished my elephant teapot and here is how it came out:





So what do you think? I'm very proud of him. I still haven't come up with a name yet though. What to name him? I'm sure I can come up with one by the time he is fired and done. Anyone have a suggestion?


I've been going to the movies a lot lately. I've seen 4 movies in the past two weeks. 2 weekends ago I went to go see Shutter Island and The Crazies, but I also saw part of The Wolfman in between the two. And then last weekend I went to go see Alice in Wonderland in iMax 3d. So I'm going to do a mini review thing!

Okay, Shutter Island first, I give it 9/10 stars. I really liked it, probably because it is totally my style of movie. I'm a complete horror and suspense movie lover, but I also love movies set in the 20s-50s and mysteries, then throw in an insane asylum with psychological scare-factor. Wow, this sounds like a match made in heaven, and it so was. I loved it a lot and I think I will actually buy this one! My only complaint was the ending. While I do like it and don't think it was too disappointing, I still feel like I wish it were different. I don't want to give the ending away so I'll leave it up to you.


I won't go too much into The Wolfman because I didn't see it all, but what I did see was just okay. I think it was like the last 45 minutes or so. I thought the transformation effects were amazing but the make-up was a bit lacking. I thought the ending was pretty good too. I didn't love what I saw though.



Aw, The Crazies... I give this one 7/10. It was pretty good and very psychological along with psychological and boo fear-factor. It's soo scary because you bring yourself to wonder whether or not it can be true. It poses a believable story for another government conspiracy. I call it a mix of Quarantine, Dawn of the Dead, and Cabin Fever all smashed into one movie. It was decent, creepy, and gory. It isn't my favourite, mostly because I'm not a huge zombie movie fan, but I enjoyed it.



Finally, Alice in Wonderland! Omg 9/10! This movie was soo amazing. The effects were beautiful and the world was enchanting. I've always loved Alice in Wonderland and Johnny Depp and Tim Burton it did not disappoint. My only thing is that, for Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland, it probably wasn't as twisted as it could have been. But just the same it was great and I definitely recommend it. I will say though, the 3d gave me the worst headache... I want to go see this one again and totally buy it when it comes out.


So yeah, overall I was very happy with all the movies. But that is all for now. I did get a few things at H&M after going to Alice in Wonderland, but I don't have pics yet, so I will share some other time. On a totally random note though, it is gonna warm up this week! I'm soo excited for some sun. I'm soo sick of the cold mornings. I don't want to have to wear a jacket everyday. I love that it is cold, but not for this long... Well that's it, this was such a long post!

4 comments:

  1. I saw Alice last week. great movie **

    the elephant is soo cute, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pot is SO adorable!!

    Is he functional? :o Would you really be able to put tea in him after you've fired and laquered him? -wigglies- ;-; Oh he'd make such an excellent tea-party conversational~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your layout! and girl you have talent! that teapot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see when your fully done with the teapot. It's gonna be super cute!

    ReplyDelete